Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mobile media, email, and viewers

As I said in an earlier post, my students have brought me into the 21st century pointing out that their media is what we call new media, and that their alternative media is newspapers, magazines and other print devices.

Along the same thread, I find myself using more and more mobile media. Since I won't buy an iPad until they add at least one USB port, it's strictly a iPhone. But I am using it for more than I thought I would. Specifically, I'm using it for email, which puts me in line with this study showing mobile is gaining greatly among email users. I also use desktops (the majority of my time) and a laptop.

All this becomes important to the media business because it shows an increasing comfort level with mobile devices, and media must be aware of how its product is being delivered.

No comments: