Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A question about TVs and computers

Are you ready to turn your television into a computer? (Or your computer into a television?)

The electronics industry believes that's where we are today. At last week's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Yahoo unveiled a bunch of television-related gadgets that allow viewers to Web-surf while watching TV. I'm not sure people really want complicated technology that does everything in one box. A confession: I generally watch TV with a laptop connected to the Internet. But when I watch something I'm interested in, I put the laptop aside.

I don't know if Yahoo and others are correct. Business Week seems to be convinced that the time is right for combining all these applications. My only question: Is it simple? My computer is filled with applications I don't generally use because something else is simpler.

No comments: