Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The more things change . . .

The more things change, the more they stay the same. A new study finds that teens, surprise, prefer watching scripted shows on regular television live rather than any of the new media alternatives. They do like the options -- and I'm sure they really like having options -- but the old ways work.

I find that myself, even though I spend a lot more money than I should getting my several hundred channels plus on-demand plus the wonderful DVR. I find that even with the options, I'm more likely to channel surf until I find something interesting live rather than use the on-demand options or even shows that I've put on DVR (except for sports shows, where I love being able to skip through commercials; DVR's the choice for them).

The bottom line: Don't give up on the old media until it's really dead.

No comments: